What to expect…
6 things to expect with BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment
- Real, noticeable results you may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. We use ice to numb the treatment area and apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment in order to give the most comfortable experience possible.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes. Your provider will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
- You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable frown lines and crow’s feet. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- Return to your daily routine. Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave your provider’s office.
- Cost considerations. Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the doctor or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
What is Juvederm?
The JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from hyaluronic acid (HA). What’s interesting about HA is that it’s a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from a modified form of HA.
Why does volume loss matter?
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors can also play a role.
You may notice a change in the appearance of your skin, typically in the form of deepening parentheses lines and wrinkles. But what may be less obvious is age-related midface volume loss.
What are the signs of volume loss?
Your cheeks may flatten, and the skin may begin to sag.
What causes parentheses lines?
Parentheses lines are static lines that appear when your face is at rest. This happens overtime as your skin loses some of the building blocks (hyaluronic acid and collagen) that give the skin its structure.
Can the lips lose volume?
Yes, over time, your lips may lose volume and thin. However, many people seek out lip augmentation because they naturally have thin lips and simply desire more fullness.
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness. KYBELLA® allows you to further expand your aesthetic injectable portfolio and offerings to your patients.
The number of injections and the number of treatments should be tailored to the individual patient’s submental fat distribution and treatment goals. Once the aesthetic response is achieved with KYBELLA®, retreatment is not expected.1
KYBELLA® is supplied in a pack of 4 single patient use 2 mL vials. KYBELLA® is administered by subcutaneous injections into submental fat in approximately 0.2 mL per injection spaced 1 cm apart using a 30G or smaller needle.