In the past, surgery was required for a thread lift. Modern technology has dramatically changed the procedure now used for thread lifts. These procedures are now both safe and minimally-invasive. There are a wide range of thread lift procedures currently available. One of the most popular procedures uses PDO threads. This is called a PDO thread lift. PDO threads are manufactured in South Korea. The procedure uses threads made using Polydioxanone, also known as PDO. This is an effective treatment for tightening and lifting sagging skin tissue. These threads produce three different effects in the skin. These are:
• Cellular renewal through the stimulation of collagen
• The mechanical effects enable immediate skin lifting
• Neovascularization improves elasticity, fine lines and skin texture
Approximately six months after you have had the procedure, the PDO threads will disappear because they are absorbable. This process is called hydrolysis. The facial contours you had lifted will remain in place for roughly three to six months more because of the effects of the cellular regeneration. The PDO threads stimulate your skin cells to produce new blood cells to improve the circulation of you skin in addition to creating new collagen. You fat tissue will contract at the same time resulting in a slimmer appearance to your face along with tighter skin. The actual thread lift is minimally-invasive. The medical professional will use local anesthesia to ensure your face is numb, which will help eliminate any pain during your procedure.
Cannulas with either a blunt or sharp-tipped needle are used to insert the threads into several different layers of your skin. Once the PDO threads have been inserted, your skin is anchored by the threads and lifted upwards. The medical professional then cuts off any excess threads. The procedure requires between 15 and 30 minutes depending on which areas you are having treated. There is an extremely wide variety of threads currently available. This is often confusing for the individual. PDO threads can be separated into three main categories. These are barbed threads, non-barbed threads and floating. There are also numerous different sub-classifications. This includes:
• Mono-filament threads
• Molded barbs
• Cutting barbs
There are a lot of fancy names for PDO threads such as heart barbs, tornado and double screw. All of these names refer to one of the categories mentioned above. The threads are also available in different lengths and thicknesses. This has a direct impact on the effectiveness, quality, the price of the treatment and the tensile strength. The threads chosen by the medical professional will depend on your skin rejuvenation and lifting needs. During your initial consultation, the different threads available and the benefits of each one will be explained by the medical professional. Your treatment is extremely safe. In comparison to fillers, there are virtually no side effects.
It is important to understand this procedure is very different from the thread lifts performed in the past. The process is not only safe, but it is also more efficient. Depending on the area you intend to have treated, many of the threads available do not cause bruising. You will need to take many of the same precautions prior to your treatment you would with the majority of the other cosmetic procedures. This includes discontinuing the use of alcohol, certain supplements such as specific medications, omega fish oil and vitamin C. These products should be discontinued one or two days before you have your treatment. You should also avoid the sauna, steam room and heavy exercising including (HIIT) high-intensity interval training. For two weeks after your procedure, having any dental treatment is not recommended due to the excessive opening and closing of your mouth required.
Sleeping on your back for a couple of weeks is also recommended to ensure you do not place too much pressure on the PDO threads in your face. The PDO threads chosen for each procedure are generally customized according to the treatment area. A good example is combining different lengths and thicknesses of threads for an ideal lift. Your procedure can also be customized according to your specific lifestyle needs. All of this will be discussed during your initial consultation to make certain you understand which threads or thread combinations will be used and why. PDO threads are effective for decreasing fat, volumizing, lifting and rejuvenation for the improvement of wrinkles and the texture of your skin. Each type of thread has a different purpose just like every medical professional will use a slightly different technique.
The possibilities of the variety of threads are nearly endless. This makes the thread lift extremely versatile. You can have almost any area of your face treated effectively. This includes:
• The wrinkles around your eyes referred to as crow’s feet
• Nasolabial folds
• The area beneath your eyes
• The wrinkles around your mouth
• Naso jugal folds
A thread lift is exceptionally beneficial for your lower face and cheeks. As soon as your procedure is complete, you will notice the lift immediately. This is because the lift to your skin is being supported by the threads. In some cases, the lift may appear tighter than you would like for approximately seven days. After this period of time, your final result will be revealed. Your appearance will then look a lot more natural. After about one or two months, the rejuvenation from your lift will become apparent. You will see a better texture to your skin with a smoother and firmer appearance. The medical professional may focus on either skin lifting or skin rejuvenation during your treatment. This will be determined by your specific needs.
Your threads will be completely dissolved within nine months after your treatment. Even without the threads in place, you will still see results for several more months. Most medical professionals recommend having another treatment approximately six to nine months after the first one. This enables the results of your treatment to last for as long as three years. The thread lift is a non-surgical and effective facelift procedure ideal for almost anyone interested in improving the look of sagging skin. The procedure results in an instant lifting of the contours of the face without the need to have surgery.
The PDO lift requires more threads than the Silhouette Soft. This means the skin is pulled back farther. The two different procedures can be used together to enhance the final result of the treatment. The PDO lift can also be used in combination with other procedures such as Ulthera or HIFU to provide an extremely natural lift. This is especially effective when used with bio-stimulating fillers such as hyaluronic acid fillers or Radiesse. This provides a much more comprehensive solution for anti-aging. The final result is turning the clock back a few years without the need to have cosmetic surgery.
The Benefits of a PDO Threads
There are a wide variety of benefits to having a thread lift procedure. This includes:
• Minimally-Invasive: The treatment is minimally-invasive. This means when you leave the office no one will see any signs you have just had a cosmetic procedure. This is an excellent option if you do not want the people in your life to know you had a treatment. The only place the threads are inserted is the upper layer of your skin. Since there are not many nerve endings in this area, the procedure is virtually painless. To help make certain you do not experience any pain, a numbing agent will be applied before your procedure. This will keep you comfortable.
• Slow and Safe Absorption: The treatment is safe. There has not been any kind of allergic reaction reported at this time. The threads are non-toxic, are used for gynecology and cosmetic surgery and have been used for the last 30 years by the medical sector for closing and treating wounds. Within six to twelve months after your treatment, your body will metabolize and completely absorb the threads.
• Instant Results: The majority of individuals notice a difference as soon as they have finished the treatment. In addition to the immediate effects, new collagen will form within two to three months. This is when your optimal results will become visible.
• The Customization: The threads are available in a range of different sizes. This means your treatment can be customized to suit your individual needs. Mono-threads are ideal for rejuvenating the skin on your chin and cheeks and to restore volume. The thicker threads are excellent for lifting the sagging skin of your neck or jowls and holding it in place.
• Long-Lasting: Approximately six months are necessary for the threads to fully dissolve before your body can absorb them. Even after the threads are gone, your results can last for as long as two full years. This is because the natural healing process of your body is stimulated during the procedure. This results in your skin producing new elastin and collagen. This means even though the threads will have completely dissolved, you will experience results both long-lasting and effective.
• Keeping the Youthful Appearance of Your Skin: A thread lift has been shown to trigger your body to produce new collagen. This is what decreases the look of wrinkles and fine lines to provide your skin with a more youthful and healthier appearance. The threads also stimulate your skin to start producing hyaluronic acid and elastin. Both of these are critical for achieving a much younger-looking appearance.
• Combining a Thread Lift with Other Procedures: You can combine your thread lift with dermal fillers to help with a loss of volume in addition to the sagging skin resulting from the process of aging. This is an exceptional way to decrease and reverse the signs caused by aging. If you are looking for a more youthful appearance, this may be your ideal solution.
Learn More During a Consultation